SolarGrid Energy values its people and appreciates that success can only be sustained with a vibrant and committed team. SolarGrid Energy aims at fostering an environment in which outstanding people can develop their aptitudes and skills to the fullest – bringing out the best in them – to the benefit of the company, and also to that of their families and society as a whole.
Sales Representative (LED Lighting)
Develops and grows the sales of LED Lighting products and Energy Efficient Lighting/Retrofit Services by identifying and selling to prospects and maintaining relationships with clients.
• Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
• Sells products by developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
• Establishes contact with prospects via targeted educational marketing, appointment-setting, networking and trade show participation.
• Meets or exceeds monthly sales appointment goals and sales quotas.
• Conducts lighting energy audits/surveys of commercial properties; obtains required information for the development of a tailored sales proposal.
• Develops and prepares tailored sales proposals including Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Comparative of prospective clients’ existing lighting conditions vs. the company’s proposed LED Lighting Upgrade recommendations.
• Personally presents LED Lighting sales proposals to prospective customers and closes for the sale.
• Assists in the local sourcing and purchasing of lighting accessories and components required for LED Lighting projects.
• Coordinates and collaborates with allied electrical contractors for the execution and supervision of mock-up lighting installations and complete LED Lighting project installations.
• Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench marking state-of the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Energy Level, Negotiation, Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Sales Planning, Independence, Motivation for Sales
• 2+ years B2B sales preferred
• 2+ years lighting experience a plus-Excellent communications skills both verbal and written (bilingual English/French preferred)
• Must be able to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Base salary + tiered sales commissions structure (ranging from 5% to 15% of Net Sales)
Job Type: Full-time
SolarGrid is looking to expand its sales team by bringing in new sales associates.
- Present and sell SolarGrid products and solutions to existing and new customers
- Create new leads and followup with existing leads
- Meet quarterly sales targets
- Keep SolarGrid CRM system up to date by entering information on a daily basis
- Participate in marketing and sales events like trade shows as requested
- Be willing to cold call if required
Anywhere in North America. The successful candidates will be working from their home office.
Knowledge & Skills requirements
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year experience of sales
- Basic understanding of renewable energy solutions is desirable but not a must
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid drivers license and a personal vehicle that can be used for sales visits.
Email your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com
Thank you for considering SolarGrid Energy Inc. as a career option, we shall respond within two weeks if we would like to schedule an interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, that means we do not have a position that can use your skills at the current time, however, we shall keep your resume on our active files for six months, in case a suitable position arise during this time.